Swimsuit Experiment #3

After my last swimsuit experiment, I wanted to try something a little different. I wanted a high-neck (for sun protection), thin shoulder straps (halters give me headaches), and enough bum coverage that I’m not constantly feeling over-exposed. This is what I came up with.

I thought about this design quite a bit and looked at a ton of pictures online before I began drafting my pattern. I decided to use loops to catch the straps at the sides so that the straps could move to accommodate my lop-sided shoulders. By lowering the hip from my last design I was able to get more coverage for my bum. I also put in bust darts that I drafted using my dress form and put elastic along the side to make sure there would be no escaping.

This suit was trickier to make than my straight tank suits but it was a lot of fun. Also, now that I have a pattern I like, I can remake it as many times as I want and I am incredibly excited about that. It is way better than having to go shopping for new suits and being at the whims of current trends!

Thanks for stopping by

~ Lindsay

 

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *