I am always inspired by the amazing nails I see in my Instagram and Google + communities, and in the blogs I follow. Every once in a while I am so struck by a design that I just have to recreate it for myself. Today’s post is one such design.
The blog post I was inspired by was this one on the So Nailicious blog. The design is done entirely free hand and, though I don’t know how she did hers, here’s how I achieved my version of this look. Sorry I don’t have photos or video this time. I was just focusing on the intricacies of this difficult design!
- Paint a light yellow/cream base (I used Zoya Jacqueline)
- Using a detail nail art brush, paint the gold lines (I used Color Club Antiquated)
- Using a very small, narrow nail art brush, fill in the sections between the lines (I used Essie Where’s My Chauffeur and Cover Girl Vio-Last)
- Retrace the gold lines, widening them and smoothing the edges of the coloured sections
- Top coat your gorgeous design.
This one is NOT easy. As you can see, I painted both hands. I began with my non-dominant hand and made sure I set aside a fair amount of time. It took me about two hours to paint this design, not counting nail prep, base coat and top coat.
I absolutely LOVE the final look. I am so glad that I saw it, first on Instragram, and then on the So Nailicious blog. Just trying it has given me a bunch more ideas for similar designs.
Thank you for stopping by and special thanks to So Nailicious for the great idea!